With the sensitive information you store on your phone, it needs to be impenetrable to hacks. Phone security is paramount nowadays, with the existence of bad apps and various attacks. Android OS is a popular operating system, which makes it an easy target for hackers. While the latest android phones have security measures in place, is it sufficient to safeguard your information? Google’s play protect feature runs various safety checks for malware. Therefore, every app undergoes scanning before download to verify its safety. Here is how you can boost the security of your phone.
Download GBWhatsApp Mod For Android !
Download Lucky Patcher App For Android !
1. Only Use Apps from Google Play Store
Applications from unknown sources can never be trusted. Some contain malware and viruses that will cripple your phone. Most ‘apk’ files collect information on your phone and can cause a severe invasion of privacy. It is safe to download apps from the Google Play Store. All the apps are verified by play protect. Besides, there are stringent measures in place to protect consumers. Users also report suspicious apps. Therefore, you are assured of your phones’ safety.
2. Modify Your Security Settings
Modifying your phone’s settings can boost the security of your device. Some of your android settings expose the phone to malware and invasion of privacy. To protect your phone, you should change the following settings:
• Prevent the installation of applications from unauthorised sources. You can turn off the setup by going to settings and on the security tab turnoff unknown sources. This will prevent apps from installing on your phone.
• Enable auto-lock. Sometimes you forget to lock your phone, and if it gets to the wrong hands, your sensitive information will be exposed.
• Disable any built-in services that collect data from your device. You can switch off the apps in Google settings. The applications jeopardise your privacy. It is best not to sign in to a Gmail account from your phone to be safe.
• Do not turn on your device location; it can be used to gather information from your phone.
3. Use Passwords and Other Phone Lock Options
Some people forget to password-protect their devices. Locking your phone ensures no one can access your information quickly. What is the best method of securing your phone? With the invention of voice recognition, fingerprints, and iris scanning, you have more phone lock options. However, these latest options are an easy target for hackers. Therefore, stick to a unique password or pin. You should also avoid using the one password for everything or a password management program. While password management programs make your life easier, it exposes you to external breaches.
4. Utilise Multifactor Authentication
Android phones cannot operate without Google services. Therefore, you need to secure the Google services to protect your information. Luckily, Google provides two-factor authentication to keep your device safe. The multifactor authentication requires a security code sent to your device after you log in to the Google account. The two-step verification gives added protection.
5. Use VPNs and Encryption
Free Wi-Fi puts your phone at risk. Anyone using the same Wi-Fi can hack into your phone and invade your privacy. Also, your phone is susceptible to viruses. Therefore, if you must use Wi-Fi, get a mobile VPN. The virtual private network ensures your data is invisible to anyone on the web. There are numerous VPNs on the Google Play Store for securing your data. You should also consider phone encryption. When you enable it, your sensitive information becomes unreadable until you supply a password.
Keeping your phone secure gives you peace of mind. While the above methods improve your phone’s security, you need to be careful when browsing online.
Latest posts by James Andy (see all)
- Lucky Patcher Apk Download Latest Version 8.5.7 For Android (Original) - October 9, 2019
- GBWhatsApp Apk Download Latest Version 8.05 For Android (Working) - October 9, 2019
- Spotify Premium Apk Download Latest Version 8.50 (Working) - October 8, 2019