Overtime you’ve accumulated a nice collection of art and enjoy seeing it displayed on your walls which is where it belongs. However there may be times when you find it’s necessary to store your collection for a short period of time. The following tips will help you protect your investment until once again you can enjoy it.
Occasionally you may want to check on your belongings in the self storage unit you rented. For this reason it’s better to select an area out of the way that will experience less human traffic.
Prepare your artwork and paintings for storage as follows:
Framed art pieces require padding the front and back with hardboard, then wrap tightly using a storage blanket or bubble wrap and lastly seal each piece with packing tape.
Unframed artworks should have the front of the canvas covered using a sheet of silicone release paper and followed by wrapping with glassine paper. Next pad the front and back of each piece using a piece of hardboard and wrapping tightly in a storage blanket or bubble wrap. Secure the pieces and layers of material using packing tape.
Stack the art pieces safely.
Do’s and Don’t of Artwork Storage
1) Climate control is essential when you use a Lubbock Storage facility as sudden change in humidity or temperature cause the canvas to slacken, stretch or tighten. Left unchecked these variations in humidity and temperature can result in paint flaking off and cracking. High humidity also promotes the growth of mold – ensure 55% humidity and a temperature of 21 degrees celsius at all times.
2) Always use padding and store each piece separately avoiding leaning them against one another or stacking on top of each other. If space is an issue use a paint rack or padding between when stacking pieces.
3) Lay on a flat surface when storing for longer periods of time, place artwork on acid free boards or paper then lay flat.
4) Cover the paintings with a clean piece of cloth that covers the artwork entirely to prevent dirt and dust buildup. Anytime artwork is stored for long periods of time it requires airing out to prevent and mold growth as a result of humidity.
5) Avoid attics and basements for storage with their damp or dry conditions are harmful to artwork.
6) Avoid concrete floors and walls as any dampness can be absorbed by the artwork.
7) Avoid direct sunlight to prevent fading.
8) Avoid direct heat sources such as fireplaces or heaters which can result in paint becoming soft and peeling.
Storage Zone has three locations including West 82nd in Lubbock Texas.
- Lucky Patcher Apk Download Latest Version 8.7.5 For Android (Original) - January 21, 2020
- GBWhatsApp Apk Download Latest Version 8.26 For Android (Working) - January 20, 2020
- Spotify Premium Apk Download Latest Version 8.50 (Working) - October 25, 2019