Cloud computing is a relatively emerging technology and it is designed to meet the productivity, flexibility and scalability factors. In this case, we should consider why we need to perform a transition to cloud computing. In many cases, we would be able to save costs. With cloud architecture, it is possible for employees with affordable computing devices to run resources-demanding software located in more powerful computers through the cloud. In this case, we should be able to perform hardware-intensive tasks without a complex and expensive IT infrastructure. The migration should be quite easy to do, as long as we have proper Internet access.
There are choices that we can make if we plan to adopt the cloud solution. In this case, enterprises should opt to use virtualized data center located in the firewall. This should allow us to retain control over our sensitive information. We could also work with companies that outsource data management solutions to further reduce costs. It means that enterprise doesn’t have to have the ownership of potentially expensive cloud-based equipments. This is a proper solution for small businesses that have limited budget. As the company grows larger and has accumulated enough fund, it should be able to invest on cloud infrastructure.
There are a number of basic cloud models that we can choose in our network. These models could define the type of service that users would get, such as pay as you go or monthly subscription. It is important for companies to choose the right model depending on their daily requirements.
- IaaS: It offers excellent combination of physical servers and virtual machines. They may also include various network resources, such as storage, load balancers and firewalls. Application software is located in the cloud infrastructure and it is a good solution for users who need more powerful computing resources, such as better processor and more RAM. IaaS is useful for a public cloud infrastructure and people who want to share their resources. With IaaS, providers are responsible for executing the cloud operation and maintaining the cloud infrastructure. Among the more popular cloud IaaS providers is AWS or Amazon Web Services.
- PaaS: With this model, cloud providers deliver database, web server and computer platforms. It means that small businesses and personal users don’t have to use them. It should be appropriate to run software solution on this cloud platform. It is also a proper solution for web and app developers. With PaaS, users have access to runtime and programming environment. It is possible to run cloud service software and use resources-intensive development tools on a PaaS cloud platform. A common example of PaaS service is Microsoft’s Windows Azure.
- SaaS: It is appropriate for an on-demand cloud infrastructure. Like other models, software is also executed and controlled on provider’s cloud infrastructure. It is suitable for users who want to share information and simplify networking. It is no longer necessary to install and run software on local sites.
- Is It Too Late To Invest Into European Equities? - July 14, 2017
- What Are Binary Options Exchange Platforms - April 3, 2017
- Apple To Launch iPhone 7 With 256GB Storage Capacity And Dual Rear Camera Setup - July 18, 2016
Leave a Reply